Love him or hate him, Henry Charles Bukowski was a thunderous literary force. With an unquenchable appetite for spilling his thoughts, feelings, opinions, observations and life experiences onto paper, the German born American writer boasts an incredible back catalogue, which includes the likes of Post Office, Factotum and Ham on Rye, among many others.
Not one for keeping quiet in the corner, Mr Bukowski always had plenty of things to say; some clever, some not so clever, but, more often than not, incredibly memorable.
So, as a follow on from the last literary interlude, here are five brilliant Charles Bukowski quotes for your reading pleasure…
Charles Bukowski quotes
1. “Find what you love and let it kill you.”
2. “I am a series of small victories and large defeats and I am amazed as any other that I have gotten from there to here.”
3. “We are all here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death trembles to take us.”
4. “The problem with the world is intelligent people are so full of doubt, while the stupid people are full of confidence.”
5. “If it doesn’t come bursting out of you in spite of everything, don’t do it.”
Do you have a favourite Charles Bukowski quote? Feel free to share it by leaving a comment.